The 2016 Flood - Resources for Recovery | LPB
play button image Watch|
Shop LPB|
About Us|
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Donate Now!!
Record-setting flooding throughout Louisiana

The 2016 Flood - Resources for Recovery »»»

The 2016 Flood - Resources for Recovery

Watch LPB’s continuing Flood Recovery Coverage in “Beyond the Flood” on Louisiana Public Square.

Homeowners affected by the historic floods that swept Louisiana in March and August can now begin the initial application process for the state’s upcoming housing recovery programs.

An online survey has been launched on the Restore Louisiana Task Force website (, along with a coordinating call center for homeowners who don’t have internet access and need the online forms filled out on their behalf.

Those who need assistance by phone can call 1-866-735-2001 Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.


Flood Recovery Plan Information:

Restore Louisiana Task Force Website
Louisiana Flood Relief - Baton Rouge Area Foundation
Louisiana Flood Recovery Plan
Louisiana Flood Recovery Plan Input Meeting Schedule

Restore La. Task Force Recommends Sending Flood Assistance Plan to HUD
Governor’s Office - Resources for Flood Survivors
State Sales Tax Disaster Relief
State Income Tax Deduction Information
Capital Area Human Services - Mental health services
Click here to apply for relief-work related jobs.

Click for more information, pictures, and links!




La. Dept. of Ins. Recommendations:
      For homeowners with flood policy coverage affected by flooding:
      Notify your insurer to start the claims process. Make sure you have the name of your insurance company, your policy number, and a telephone number and/or email address where you can be reached at all times.An adjuster should contact you within a few days of filing your claim. If you do not hear from an adjuster, you can contact your insurance agent or company again.

      Document the damage. Separate damaged from undamaged property. Your adjuster will need evidence of the damage to your home and possessions to prepare your repair estimate. Take photographs of all of the damaged property, including discarded objects, structural damage, and standing floodwater levels. Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their date of purchase, value, and receipts, if possible. Officials may require disposal of damaged items so, if possible, place flooded items outside of the home.

Complete a proof of loss to support your claim. Your adjuster will assist you in preparing a Proof of Loss (which is your sworn statement of the amount you are claiming including necessary supporting documentation) for your official claim for damages. A Proof of Loss can be many things, but must contain the specific details set forth in the Standard Flood Insurance Policy. You’ll need to file your Proof of Loss with your insurance company within 60 days of the flood. This document substantiates the insurance claim and is required before the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or insurance company can make payment. You’ll receive your claim payment after you and the insurer agree on the amount of damages and the insurer has your complete, accurate, and signed Proof of Loss. If major catastrophic flooding occurs, it may take longer to process claims and make payments because of the sheer number of claims submitted.



Flood Insurance/NFIP:



      Tips on using a contractor
      Find a contractor


      flood debris(Click to enlarge)
Identity Theft Resource Center: Phone: 888-400-5530 Website: Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).
Medicare Cards: Phone: 800-772-1213
Passports: Phone: 877-487-2778 Website:
U.S. Savings Bonds: Phone: 844-284-2676 (toll-free)
Tax Returns: Phone: 800-829-1040 Website:
Military Records: Phone: 866-272-6272 Website:
Insurance Documents: Phone: Check with your insurance agent. Website:
Real Estate and Property Records (Mortgage Documents, Deeds, etc.): Phone: Contact your agent.
Medical and Prescription Records: Call your doctor; medical and prescription records are tracked electronically.
Proof of Address/Residency: Contact your local utility company to obtain a recent bill.
National Archives Records: Phone: 866-272-6272 Website: General:


Subscribe print Email Bookmark and Share
protect my public media About Jobs @ LPB Privacy Policy Public & EEO Reports LPB Webmail Closed Captions Contact & Address
© 2018 LETA. All Rights Reserved.