What are the challenges facing the GulfWatch member regions a year after the capping of the BP oil leak?
LPB has partnered with nine other public broadcasting stations to form GulfWatch – a consortium of Gulf Coast television and radio stations whose mission is to provide continuing coverage of issues affecting the region. From the ongoing recovery from the BP oil spill, to the extreme weather and flooding this spring, GulfWatch members have been sharing stories online for the past 12 months. In July, GulfWatch reporters from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida will explore the challenges facing their regions a year after the capping of the BP oil leak. Join these journalists, citizens and a panel of experts as they share updates on the environmental, economic and health issues along the coast. Airs Wednesday, July 27 at 7PM on LPB.
There is no survey for this month’s topic.
Funded by a grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
GulfWatch reporters include:
- Jeremy Alford / LPB / Baton Rouge, LA
- Eileen Fleming / WWNO / New Orleans, LA
- Swede White / WRKF / Baton Rouge, LA
- Judith Meriwether / KRVS / Lafayette, LA
- Shedd Johnson / WVAS-FM / Montgomery, AL
- Les Lovoy / WBHM-FM / Birmingham, AL
- Rhonda Miller / Mississippi Public Broadcasting
- Jill Hubbs / WSRE-TV / Pensacola, FL
- Tara Slusher/ WEDU-TV / Tampa, FL
This program was also funded in part by the Louisiana Forestry Association