- Full Program
- Denise Bottcher with AARP Louisiana describes “job lock” and how the Medicaid expansion can reduce it.
Small Businesses in Louisiana
- Denise Bottcher with AARP Louisiana explains the attributes of the majority of small businesses in Louisiana and how the ACA affects them.
Better Economic Sense
- Denise Bottcher with AARP Louisiana describes how the Medicaid expansion can save taxpayers money.
Profile of Eligible Workers
- Denise Bottcher with AARP Louisiana gives the profile of workers that will be eligible for insurance cover through the expansion.
Bayou Health is
- Jeff Drozda, CEO at Louisiana Association of Health Plans explains the Bayou Health program.
Physician Shortage Solution
- Jeff Drozda, CEO at Louisiana Association of Health Plans touches on how to tackle the projected shortage of physicians serving Medicaid patients.
From Old to New
- DHH Chief of Staff Frank Opelka explains the transition of patients within the Medicaid system once it expands.
The State Pays Less
- DHH Chief of Staff Frank Opelka contrasts how the uninsured receives care now and how the expansion can save the state money.
Doctors in the right spot
- DHH Chief of Staff Frank Opelka describes what has happened in other states that have expanded Medicaid.
- DHH Chief of Staff Frank Opelka explains how hospital reimbursements will change under the expansion.
- DHH Chief of Staff Frank Opelka gives an update on how the budget cuts have impacted the agency.
02/16 - Effects of Expansion: Medicaid in Louisiana
How will the lives of those who now have access to health care change?
In January, Governor John Bel Edwards fulfilled his campaign promise and expanded Medicaid. An estimated 300,000 Louisianians will be eligible for coverage. How will the lives of those who now have access to health care change? What will the expansion mean for the cost of health care and insurance for everyone else in the state? How will hospitals be affected? Louisiana Public Square looks for answers on “Effects of Expansion: Medicaid in Louisiana” airing Wednesday, February 24 at 7 p.m. (Record date: Thursday, February 18)
We want to know your opinion! Leave your comments in the box below.
It’s important that Governor Edwards accept Fedral Medicaid Health Funding for poor tax payers. They deserve it plus it is the will of Almighty God that the fortunate help take care the less fortunate among us.
Posted by Reverend Ezzard Eugene Bowman on 02/16 at 02:03 AM